Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another Onsie design or two...


I don't know what happens to me when fall comes but I go through these creative surges so I was working on another onsie design in Inkscape and here we go! These were done using the K&Company Specialty Paper by Brenda Walton.




I used this gorgeous heavier 2-sided paper and place the elements accordingly. On this design, I matched the collars up instead of having a drop collar like the first one with the bib design on the front. I also added some little flowers.

I also added an additional longer zigzag element for the back just for fun!


Also, you'll notice on the fronts you can change the look by shifting the zigzag design on the front to create a diamond shape, too. You may want to slightly trim the ends of that element after you decide how you want to use it. I love the two-side papers because you can get complementary colors without a lot of work!
The scg and scut files are in the Baby Bootie and Onsie link with the other design.

These are all the elements...After importing svg, I select "Keep Proportions" and set it at 11.4" for maximum size. (The dark purple element has been reversed to use the opposite side so it won't look quite right if you overlay it without reversing paper.)






With this design I added extra collars and ties that can be left off the virtual mat and easily accessed if you want to cut them in other colors.

2 comments:

  1. I love this design, thank you so much for sharing. I hope to cut it out today and post the finished item on my blog with a link directly to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment and I look forward to seeing your onsies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit me...please leave a greeting in your native tongue...(however, we may need a translation, too)!

I barely speak English some days but I'll start...Greetings and Welcome!