Monday, May 9, 2011

Inkscape 0.48 Illustrator's Cookbook - Star tool






So, I have been perusing the Inkscape 0.48 Illustrator's Cookbook which presents a number of fun design "recipes" but the ease and diversity of this tool will keep you mesmerized and feeling like a real artist. I decided to keep the files in black and white so the focus could be more on the variety of design options. Once you start it will be hard to stop!


If you are interested in this book you can find it here along with a link for a sample chapter to download at the top of the page. I will be sharing more as I try different tools from this book. And while there is a pdf version available I love having a real book in my hands so I have it at my side for easy reference. The side bar is where you can find the star tool and the shot below shows options that will appear at the top of the page. You can adjust how many corners you use. My samples range from four to six corners. As you click on some of the other options you will see your image change. Spoke ratio and Rounded will keep more symmetry to your drawings but using the Randomized will give it wildly different looks. It's all quick and easy!

TIP - You can reset your star by clicking on the paintbrush icon next to the Randomized button (thanks gj1 for pointing that out).





You can also change your image by grabbing the one of the two nodes and moving them around...it's a blast! You can also try holding the control key while dragging the nodes. It will bring out the Picasso in you!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit me...please leave a greeting in your native tongue...(however, we may need a translation, too)!

I barely speak English some days but I'll start...Greetings and Welcome!