Sunday, February 19, 2012

Large Origami Stars


I saw some origami stars and found a page describing how to make them but the instructions were in Chinese and while google will translate text, if the directions are on the photos themselves, well...all I can say is thank goodness for pictures!

It took a bit to figure out how to overlap each one and I've changed the steps to minimize fold lines. I will try to explain the process in another blog post but it may feel a little daunting if you have not done much paper folding...but at any rate here are some pictures of some of the stars.

They measure about 17" and have a depth of about 5" and are folded from five sheets of 12x12 scrapbooking paper. I've added a small star I fold for the middle to help cover where the stars join. So if it's not as precise as you hope you can tidy up and add more dimension. I've also glued on gold bell caps with a loop on each tip so it could be hung from any point.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit me...please leave a greeting in your native tongue...(however, we may need a translation, too)!

I barely speak English some days but I'll start...Greetings and Welcome!