Thursday, January 22, 2015

It's Hip to Be Square

 I wanted to share some favorite designs that originate with a square shape. 

I don't recall where I came across this fun rose design
but it's very simple and size is determined by 
how many squares you choose to add and, 
of course, how large you choose to make your squares.
If you have a square punch, it will make it much faster!

When you fold your flower petals make sure they are all folded the same way.
The back fold is glued to the front fold of the next piece. 
The larger the flower the more petals you will need.  Gently roll your flower.
The upper pointed tip is curled. 
I use a crochet hook about the size of a pencil to curl it. 
You will want to glue all the flaps.

The dress can be found in several place by googling origami dresses. 
Fun variations can be found for dollar bill origami as well.



Here I've included some basic instructions for a kusudama flower and well as a rose shape. There are some fine instructions for the kusudama on other blogs. I did this because I'm sharing these flower designs with a small group and needed some handy print out sheets.



Here I'm showing a slight variation I do 
by trimming one layer of the inner edge 
to create a white border. It's a pretty look. 
You only need to trim up to the folds.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit me...please leave a greeting in your native tongue...(however, we may need a translation, too)!

I barely speak English some days but I'll start...Greetings and Welcome!