Thursday, November 17, 2011

Faux Door Knob Plate


I noticed in someone's home a door knob plate had been added to a bedroom door complete with skeleton key hole and it seemed to add a simple charming touch so it sparked the idea for this file (doesn't take much for me!) so perhaps this will give you some fun ideas to run with, too!

The sample on the left is the basic shape (minus the monogram) provided in my zip file, one with the keyhole and one without. The rectangular sample was something I did in Inkscape just to inspire some other options.

After cutting samples, I embossed them with my Cuttlebug and then added a bronze ink.

I wanted to use one in my office on the outside of the bathroom door in the so I took the door knob off, found the center of my paper and decided approximately where I wanted to put it. I held the sample to the hole on the door so I could poke the in the center (with my screwdriver) then slipped it over the knob hardware and pressed it gently to get an impression for the area to be cut away. The size of my plate is 3 1/2" x 9". I glue it on with rubber cement.




It could be fun to make a space just for an initial or name at the bottom, too. Have fun! The link is here!

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Thanks so much for the great idea and the file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda...have fun and thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laura, this is so great!! I was thinking it could be used on the front of a journal or box :)

    Thank you!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit me...please leave a greeting in your native tongue...(however, we may need a translation, too)!

I barely speak English some days but I'll start...Greetings and Welcome!